Chipper Snacks: Banana’s for Healthy Energy
During the summer, the kids are on the go! To camp, to the park, or beach days, they are in need of a energizing snack by the end of the day! Next time you are trying to plan a healthy, tasty snack for your little ones, try out these nutritious bites! They are easy to mass-produce and just as easy for players to pop in their mouths during halftime or whenever they need a boost. It’s one of Chipper’s favorite recipes since it includes nuts : )
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- Finely chopped peanuts, mini-chocolate chips, or shredded coconut for coating
- In a medium bowl, mash together the banana and the peanut butter.
- Stir in the wheat germ. Roll individual tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in one, or a mix, of the coatings listed above. Chill until firm. Makes about 14 balls.
- Variation: For a peanut-free version, substitute sunflower-seed or soy-nut butter for the peanut butter, and omit the peanuts and chocolate chips (which can contain traces of peanut).
Entry filed under: Activities, Chipper Snacks, Eating Right, Healthy Choices, Safe food. Tags: Balls of Energy, energizing snack, energy balls, healthy snacks, healthy snacks for kids, healthy summer snacks, healthy treats, nutritious snacks, nutritious snacks for kids, snack recipe.