Chipper Crafts: Recyled Watering Can!
Nothing is better during the long summer break than having a craft day with the kids! Especially recycled crafts. They are easy, fun, and help save the planet by reusing! Crafts expand your child’s mind and provide them with challenges they need to grow. Crafts also involves working with your hands, which builds dexterity and motor function. Any form of creativity is a healthy and relaxing outlet!
This summer, get your kids outside and helping with water the garden or indoor plants by making their very own, home-made watering can! It’s easy to do for kids ages 4 and up and not many materials are used.
What you’ll need:
- Milk jug with handle (1 gallon, ½ gallon, or pint)
- Plastic funnel
- Washable fine-point marker
- Scissors, paper towels
- Scotch tape, white duct tape
- Decorating items
How to make it:
- Make sure the plastic milk jug is washed thoroughly, dried, with labels removed before beginning. Place the funnel (4-inch, 3-inch, or 2-inch diameter) in desired spout position, opposite the handle of the milk jug.
- Trace around the funnel with a washable fine-point marker.
- Cut out a circle approximately ¼ inch inside the circle outline, then wipe away the outline.
- Compress the funnel slightly and pop its wide side into the container. Use Scotch tape to hold in desired place.
- Help child cut strips of white duct tape and tape the funnel in permanent position, removing Scotch tape as you go.
- Decorate using googly eyes, stickers, Sharpie markers, glitter and glue, adhesive vinyl letters, or whatever you can find!
Next time you are searching for a fun activity, test your child’s creativity by having them grab some items out of the recycling bin and creating a craft! Get Chipper and get busy this summer break!
Entry filed under: child development, Chipper Crafts, connecting kids with nature, Environmentalism, Recycle. Tags: benefits of crafts, child development, craft ideas, crafts, how to, recycle, recycled crafts, Recycling, Recycling Crafts, recycling tips, What can be made from recycled material.