Feeling Chipper Head-to-Toe
Please don’t forget to apply sunscreen to some of these commonly forgotten areas:
1. Ears: Ponytails and baseball caps leave ears out in the open and its complex crevices and grooves require extra attention to ensure full protection.
2. Toes & Tops of Feet: Skin cancer on the feet often goes unnoticed, yet flip-flop season permits lots of sun exposure. Be sure to get the tops of feet, around the ankles, and on-top, around, and in between the toes.
3. The Scalp & Back of the Neck: Males and those with short hair should mostly be concerned with this one, but women should remember to protect this area too! Try spray-on sunscreen to reach these more difficult-to-apply areas.
4. Front & Back of Knees: Your knees are constantly in use and can often get forgotten, especially if your sunscreen application is done while sitting. Sunburns can especially hurt in these sensitive areas and receive exposure in various activities including biking and hiking.
5. Hands & Fingers: Your hands are one of the most used and exposed body parts, so while you’re using your palm to apply sunscreen on the rest of your body, don’t forget to protect these areas as well.